Friday, October 29, 2010

Chimayó Cocktail

Being that my family origin is from New Mexico, I enjoy the food and flavors from the southwest. As far as cocktails go, I haven't heard of too many that are native of that region until I recently came across the Chimayó Cocktail that was invented at the Rancho de Chimayó restaurant in Chimayó New Mexico in 1965. The owner of this establishment Arturo Jaramillo was looking for use of his apples that are plentiful in the area and after experimenting came up with this cocktail which is the restaurants signature drink.

God bless and cheers,

John Apodaca
john@daddyosmartinis.com


The Chimayó Cocktail


1 1/2 oz tequila ( I prefer Milagro Blanco)
1 oz unfiltered apple cider
1/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 oz Crème de cassis


Combine all ingredients in a highball glass with ice, stir and garnish with a slice of unpeeled apple.



No comments:

Post a Comment