Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pick me up cocktail

Some days are harder then others to get through with stress, jobs or lack of work and many other things. Sometimes a walk, prayer, coffee or a beer is just not going to help either but there's and old libation that can lift your spirits called the Pick me up. I stumbled upon this drink in my copy of Old Mr. Bostons bartender guide from 1940. It's sounds mouth watering and I want to have one now because it's five O' clock somewhere. Give this one a try.

Cheers,

John Apodaca
john@daddyosmartinis.com

Pick-Me-Up Cocktail


1 1/2 oz Apricot brandy
1/2oz fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. pomegranate grenadine
Champagne

Shake well with ice, strain into a 6 ounce coupe glass and top off with champagne. 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds and looks interesting, I'd definitely give it a go. Lately I'm into drinks with pom flavor. Ever since I tasted pomegranate martini I really became a fan. I really think that the pom flavor really brings together all the fusion of flavors in a drink. :)

    ReplyDelete