Thursday, August 26, 2010

The French Gimlet

I just attended a Speakeasy night last Saturday night in Hollywood. Several distillers of various spirits where there with samples which is always enlightening to learn about new products. I met the representatives of St-Germain and can't talk about it enough. I actually found out about this liqueur some time ago but one of my favorite drinks that is mixed with it and puts a whole new twist on the cocktails is the French Gimlet. It's similar to a standard Gimlet but rather than adding Roses lime juice use St-Germain along with real lime juice for a bit of tartness which adds to the flavor. Once you try one of these, you'll never want to go back to a standard Gimlet. Try it and let me know how you like it.

God bless & Cheers,

John Apodaca
john@daddyosmartinis.com

The French Gimlet 


 2 oz of gin
1 1/2 oz St-Germain
1/2 oz of fresh lime juice

Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously and serve in a chilled cocktail glass and add a lime wedge for garnish.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe. I tried it with lemon instead of the lime and loved it! It really allows the St. Germain to be front and center without being overly sweet. I used this (with credit to you, of course) in my own blog ... www.twilightlounge.wordpress.com.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete